Monday, October 01, 2007

My First Tab

For all of you guitar players, this will make sense to you. For those of you who don't play guitar, then I'll explain briefly - a tab, is basically the way that people who play guitar write out their music. I have tabbed out a song for myself. It's called Stand By Me, by Sam Cooke (yes I know, it is a re-make of a previous song). But, did you know that the backing music for Stand By Me is also the backing music for Beautiful Girls, by Sean Kingston? Anyway, without any further delay, here is the tab*:

E¦----------------------------------------------------------------------------¦
B¦----------------------------------------------------------------------------¦
G¦----------------------------------------------------------------------------¦
D¦----------------------------------------------------------------------------¦
A¦---5-6-6----5-6-6--6-5-3-3-----3-3---3------------3-6-6-----5-6-6----5-6-6--¦
E¦-6--------6------------------6---------6-4-4----4---------6--------6--------¦


It is my first tab, and it definitely isn't perfect, but I hope you enjoy. =) I am fairly new to guitar, so don't be too harsh if you wish to critique it. And that will be all. Bye!

* The actual Stand By Me music is played on Bass Guitar, so this tab will sound an octave or so higher than the real thing.






Images © 1999-2007 Neopets, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Used With Permission
Sign Up Now, It's FREE!

No comments: